When gynecomastia surgery is performed under general anesthesia, Dr. Cruise uses a highly accredited surgical facility specializing in cosmetic surgical procedures.
If a family member or friend brings you to the surgery center, they can either wait in the comfortable reception area or visit Fashion Island or South Coast Plaza which are both just 10 minutes away. When you are close to being ready to go home, someone from the surgery center will call your friend or family member to have them come back to the facility to pick you up.
The surgery center provides comprehensive out-patient surgical services for patients having gynecomastia and other cosmetic surgical procedures.
You will be treated to a private, self-contained facility featuring modern, state-of-the-art operating rooms.
The surgery center and Cruise Plastic Surgery provides the following guidelines for the protection and safety of our patients.
- Arrange for someone to drive you to and from surgery. Make sure a capable adult is with you for the first 24 hrs. after surgery.
- Notify Dr. Cruise if your health status changes before surgery (a cough, fever, sore throat, flu symptoms, etc.).
- Dr. Cruise’s office and/or anesthesiologist will call you the day before your surgery to answer any questions.
- Do not have anything to drink or eat (even water) starting at midnight the day of your surgery, unless instructed by Dr. Cruise or the anesthesiologist.
- Arrive at the surgery center 1 to 1 1/2 hours prior to your scheduled surgery or as instructed by the surgery center or Cruise Plastic Surgery.
- Bathe at home. Do not apply cosmetics, lotions, creams or powders to your skin.
- Do not wear contact lenses, cosmetics, or jewelry.
- Dentures can be worn but may be removed in the operating room.
- Clothes should be loose-fitting and buttoned in front rather than pulled over the head.
- Socks are recommended as are slip on shoes.
- Bring photo identification and any paperwork requested to be filled out in advance.
- If you wear glasses, be sure to bring them.
- Bring a list of your current medications.
- If applicable, paperwork and/or payment will be processed. Once that is completed, a nurse will direct you to a private dressing room. You will be given a gown, booties, and cap to put on.
- The nurse will direct you to your bed where your blood pressure and temperature will be taken. Then, you will rest awaiting surgery. Both the anesthesiologist and Dr. Cruise will visit you before surgery begins. If you have any questions or concerns, you are provided the opportunity to discuss them.
- After surgery, you will be moved to the recovery room. Recovery time varies with each patient and the type of procedure performed.
- Home care instructions will be given to you and your caregiver verbally and in writing.
If you are combining your gynecomastia surgery with other procedures, and don’t have anyone to take care of you after surgery, we recommend booking a stay at the Laguna Village Recovery Care facility. Located in beautiful Laguna Beach, this well-appointed recovery center is equipped to handle all of your needs. Transportation from the surgery center and to/from your first-op appointment is offered along with 24/7 registered nurse care, 3 light meals, and much more.