Gynecomastia post-op visits are a critical component of your surgical journey towards living a life free of enlarged male breasts. Continuous communication with our office, and following post-operative instructions will ensure you have the best possible experience possible, and, more importantly, obtain your desired result. With so many of our patients residing out of the area, we understand not all of the gynecomastia post-op visits will take place face to face. For this reason, we have created a series of instructional videos demonstrating various aspects of the healing process. In addition, Dr. Cruise and his staff make themselves available for gynecomastia post-op visits via the phone and/or ZOOM.
The first day after your surgery, you will have your follow up appointment with Dr. Cruise abd our staff at our office. This visit will allow us to monitor how your body is immediately reacting to surgery, and will allow us the opportunity to educate you about the recovery process and what to expect as you heal. During this first post-operative visit, we will give you detailed instructions on how to care for yourself after surgery and answer any questions you may have. The following steps are typically followed during this gynecomastia post-op appointment.
- Dr. Cruise will examine the area(s) surgery was performed to ensure proper healing.
- Dr. Cruise will change dressings covering your incisions
- We will help you fit your compression garment and instruct you on the proper amount of pressure required for optimal healing. During this time, we may also instruct you on where to purchase additional garments as needed.
- We will provide you with your post operative surgical kit, containing supplies you may need during your recovery. We will also instruct you on how and when to use each item.
- We will answer all your questions regarding your recovery and healing during your follow up visit.
- Future post operative visits will be arranged according to your needs and healing time.
- Please keep in mind, you may call us anytime during your stay with questions or concerns. Remember, no question is too small or insignificant… we want you to feel comfortable and secure throughout your recovery. 949.644.4808 or email@example.com.